Re: A trip down the stairs.............

I can not recommend highly enough the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8. It's my new most favorite lens ever.

Lea

On Feb 22, 2007, at 2:21 PM, rebphoto wrote:

Hi Gang.............

A while back I brought up the fact that my Sigma
28-105mm f2.8-4 lens, after using it a year, decided
to stop talking to my Canon 10D and I kept getting an
error 99 code.

So I bought a new Canon USM 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 lens.

This lens worked fine but I wasn't real wild about
how "cheaply" it seemed to be constructed.

The Sigma actually seemed to feel better made.

Well yesterday while going down my back stairs I
slipped and fell a few steps and aside from getting a
bit bruised I was fine but the afore mentioned Canon
lens broke.

Now I know I can get this repaired.....

But I wouldn't mind getting another lens.

I am shying away from buying another third party
lens and having it eventually stop talking to the
camera body.

But people must be buying them and having them work ok......

I am open to suggestions.

I am leaning towards buying a used 28-135mm f3.5-5-6
Canon zoom with the image stabilization.

Can any one tell me if this is built any better than my Canon previous lens?

(by the way I don't expect any lens to survive a fall down the stairs)

Thanks

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography