RE: OT questions , was vista v. OSX or PC v MAC??

I’ve opened a million attachments from Outlook but I’m protected and have never had a problem.  I only open them from people I know, however.

eb

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peeter Vissak
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:12 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: OT questions , was vista v. OSX or PC v MAC??

LOL.....  But he was right to a great extent.  That's why you hardly ever see Unix, Linux, or MacOS users crying about a virus.

Bob

I've hardly seen any virus with my Fenster XP as well.
I simply do not open virtually any message, especially any attachment, only those 5% I know exactly what they tell me about.
Then again - I've got no sense to open those as well . . .

Getting more serious - I had to reinstall

Fenêtre again because my Knoppix did not support my Olympus digital camera . . . ???

Now when I've got Nikon, I have not tried again - partly because I have had jobs of pdf layout together with translating and it is easier to do it in Ikkuna than in Linux, even if I have to be a "Long John Silver" and use my robbed pirate programs (moreover - ESPECIALLY when using cracked stuff). Sorry everybody with legitimate soft!!!   :(
Partly because I believe with  I still find trouble with NEF file handling in Linux (and damned - Ubuntu did not wok with my Fujitsu Simens laptop at all).

Peeter