From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: 21 January 2007 08:20
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: RE: Andy's Special Gallery - note from Andy

Best wishes Andy. I've seen people come into the ward blue and
unconscious, wake up with a scar down their front and go home 7 days
later.

I seem to spend time in and out of hospital, last time instead of
slimming they said "eat well and enjoy life, you have lost so much, each
day is life's extension after all the alternative is not worth
consideration".

I hope you are not in a chest ward, mine was mixed. Every day one friend
was no longer there. We had TV on as a special treat it was a film about
the war in independence and so many were falling dead I just collapsed
again and woke up 3 days later.

I had a near death experience, like going through a dark tunnel into
light and there was no pain it was nice and then they sent me back. I
woke and saw my heart monitor was flat and I was not breathing. One of
the nurses was a girl I'd helped educate at school and set her on her
career, she was upset to see me ill; another was a lady I met in Wales,
she was unhappy to see me die too.

I heard the nurse ring mum to say they had lost me during the night
"come and collect his things". The surgeon came and said "he is not
dead, it was cold last night and that protected him.

That was in 1991 and I'm still proceeding.

Best wishes, while there is life, there is light, and remember to accept
offers of retirement with a pension you've earned, it really is worth
it, but don't fall off the list.

Christopher Strevens