Re: Questions for 2007

----- Original Message -----
> other examples:
> gay. happy

> here we have no forests (misspelt by almost all Australians as forrest due
> to the fame of the name) - instead we have the bush. In other parts of the
> world, the bush has an entirely different meaning.

It is interesting the progression words go through. And it is interesting the phases photography is going through. In my opinion, it will be those of us that have seen many phases that will be able to recognize any connection between large-format photography and the electronic imaging of 10-20 years from now. I, for one, still enjoy the process of making a 4-by-5 photograph. But, I can see this format being all but forgotten by everyone except us "dinosaurs," and it distresses me to think something perfectly good and useful will be relegated to the trash heap in deference to people's worship of the latest technology.

In the same way, it disturbs me to have a perfectly good word misused and abused by a radical segment of the population, so that it is no longer possible to use the word in the original meaning.

Stephen

Stephen
greyfell@xxxxxxxxxxx
"...decide...whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying....",
 and  "Worry retards reaction and makes clear-cut decisions impossible." - Amelia Earhart, aviatrix.