Re: Karl S. -

Shyrell Melara wrote:
Hi Bob,

No, it was not "only" the computer and printer that went out. They just
happened to be on when the power in the house went out. The "only" thing that
isn't working now is my printer. This is the second printer I've had this
happen to. The power in the house went out while I was using the printer. When
the power in the house came back on, the printer did not. I was wondering if
there is something in the printer that can be replaced to fix the problem. If
the printer has a fuse, this might be the problem. I hope it will be that
simple to fix.

Thanks,
Shyrell

Shyrell,

It might be a fuse but looking at my i950 and my 7004 printers I don't think the fuses are user replaceable.  (Right Karl?)

I have two suggestions:  #1: Take the printer to a Canon authorized repair shop and let them do their thing and B: Look into a UPS,

Uninterruptible Power Supply,    A UPS is a device that includes a battery and circuitry that keeps the battery charged and also converts the DC battery voltage to the AC that runs the computer equipment in a single box..

These can be found at  computer stores (CompUSA - Micro Center - Best Buy),  office supply stores (Office Max - Staples - Office Depot),  I may have seen them at Sam's Club or Costco, or BJ's  too

A UPS will keep your computer and  printer  pwered up  long enough to  shut it down  normally in case of a power failure and it will  act as a "shock absorber"  to  help protect your equipment  in case of surges or spikes..

You probably don't need a very big one and cost is around $100 +/-

Bob

--

                           /////
                          ( O O )