Re: Karl S. -

Stephen Ylvisaker wrote:

Karl,

I must have misread the original, because I thought I'd read that the printer went when something tripped the house circuits. So, when the house circuits were reset, the printer was still out. You're probably right, though, and I'm trying to revive a corpse.

I've been following this thread and went back to the original post.......  I'm not a Canon printer expert but I did carry a toolbag for IBM for 40 years.......

Shyrell said power went out and when it came back on the computer worked but not the printer.......

So I must ask,,,,,,,   Shyrell, did you lose power to the entire house or just to the circuit the printer and computer are on?

If the house went dark and the printer is the only thing that won't work it may be a fuse that opened due to a surge or spike.  Two more questions,,,,,  1: did you smell anything like a burning smell?  B: did you see any smoke?

Bob

--

                           /////
                          ( O O )