Re: Good camera for non- pro uses

William Ellis wrote:
I have benn using NIMH rechargeable batteries, I love them, but after so many recharges, and I mean many, they finally will not recharge well enough. Of course, I'm seeing Walmart with 2500 mah units. Also, I find that using rapid chargers will shorten the life of these batteries. I'm hearing quite a bit of good things about Lithium Ion batteriers, but have not tried them yet.

Bill Ellis
The number of charging cycles for NiMH cells is so high that when they finally die they have paid for themselves many times over vs alkaline cells.

Yes, Wal*Mart has 2500mAH cells and they are name brand, a good deal.  The packages I have seen usually come packed with a charger at a reasonable price.  Rapid chargers tend to heat the cells which is partly responsible for shortening life span of the cells.

When my grandson went to Italy last year he took a universal charger made by/for Energizer I believe.  It had a fan inside to cool the charger circuitry and the cells

Lithium Ion batteries in AA size and voltage, 1.2V for NiMH and NiCd, and 1.5V for alkaline, interesting since Lithium Ion cells are  3.6V ......

Here is a url that probably has more info than most people want to know about batteries.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/index.htm

Happy New Year  to everyone .

Bob

--