Re: i950 Problem,

karl shah-jenner wrote:

Thnaks Karl,

Hiya Bob, I was trained by Canon as a printer service tech and unable to
find from inside the organisation exactly who made which inks for canon, in
my spare time I experimented with various aftermarket inks.  I know most
printer makers outsource the ink manufacture to other parties, and I've
heard they spread the task around to various suppliers to make it hard for
people to work out who is making the ink..

Sounds like "low bid"  maybe to Canon specs.

I found a few of the Calidad inks were OK but others were serious nozzle
blockers, but then I bought a bulk inking system from this ebay seller and
my search stopped:

A friend of mine used some aftermarket inks on his Epson (?) and he too found them to be nozzle blockers. I never worked on ink jets but waay back when our computers used dot matrix printers for consoles, with keyboards, or console printers, our ink had a lube in iy to keep the wires free.

Since I grew up on that line of thought I figured I'd stick with Canon ink but the cost is pretty high. Reminds me of Polaroid cameras, great cameras priced below their worth, BUT try buying anything but Polaroid film.......

http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?sofocus=unknown&sbrftog=1&from=
R10&satitle=S900%2Fi950%2Fi9100&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=6053&
ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=linlnternationa
l&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

Unfortunately he only has an empty tank system up for auction but it might
be worth contacting him to see if you can buy the inks separately and maybe
refill the individual cartridges.  Since using these inks and comparing
them with Canon originals I can find no discernable difference, I'm
sticking with buying from this guy.

As to the bulk ink 'system' it's self - unless you are prepared to brutally
cut chunks out of the top of the printer housing to make it fit, I'd go
with the individual carts - fitting the unit was *not* a straightforward
operation and the instructions were far from complete.

regards

I'll look at this. I probably won't be using a bulk system since I am hesitant to cut the printer top up and my print volume isn't high enough for that kind of device

Thanks.....

Karl

Bob

--