Re: i950 Problem,

Bob writes

: Thanks for the replies regarding my Canon i950 problem.   It still has
: problems but until Canon can give me a real answer I have a woraround of
: sorts....

: I have another question that may have been answered already, bo I'm
: going to ask anyway, sorry if I missed the previous anfo.
:
: Has anyone used any aftermarket inks with good results? The BCI-6PC and
: PM are not exactly inexpensive.....   TIA,

Hiya Bob, I was trained by Canon as a printer service tech and unable to
find from inside the organisation exactly who made which inks for canon, in
my spare time I experimented with various aftermarket inks.  I know most
printer makers outsource the ink manufacture to other parties, and I've
heard they spread the task around to various suppliers to make it hard for
people to work out who is making the ink..

I found a few of the Calidad inks were OK but others were serious nozzle
blockers, but then I bought a bulk inking system from this ebay seller and
my search stopped:

http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?sofocus=unknown&sbrftog=1&from=
R10&satitle=S900%2Fi950%2Fi9100&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=6053&
ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=linlnternationa
l&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

Unfortunately he only has an empty tank system up for auction but it might
be worth contacting him to see if you can buy the inks separately and maybe
refill the individual cartridges.  Since using these inks and comparing
them with Canon originals I can find no discernable difference, I'm
sticking with buying from this guy.

As to the bulk ink 'system' it's self - unless you are prepared to brutally
cut chunks out of the top of the printer housing to make it fit, I'd go
with the individual carts - fitting the unit was *not* a straightforward
operation and the instructions were far from complete.

regards

Karl