gallery review

A nice collection of work this week.

Here's my observations.
Lea

  Russ Baker -- Russ, nice creative work on this image. I like the lighting quite a lot and especially that catchlight in his left eye...without it this shot would be sunk, I think. Nice job posing as well.

               Trevor Cunningham - White Sands Yucca -- If I were a landscape shooter, and I most assuredly am not, this is the kind of work I fancy myself doing. I love the dimensionality of this image. Very, very well done.

               Howard Leigh - Kentish Field -- At first look this image appears to be very, very busy with no focal point but the longer I look at it the more I like it. Those three bright windows grab my eyes and keep me there then off my eyes go looking around again. One thing I've discovered when shooting scenes like this (which is very seldom), is that they seem so pretty to the eye but once captured they are wrought with all sorts of debris here and there which tends to distract the viewer. This image does not do that to me. It keeps me interested.

               Lea Murphy - Joshua sits up -- I had to laugh at myself when I read the title I'd given this then realized the image I sent in was not Joshie sitting but rather trying to get back to a sitting position.

               Andrew Brooks - Rolling Sea -- I wish I could sit with you and watch you do your photoshop work...I'm sure I'd learn quite a lot. Your end results are stunning.

               Tim McGraw - I still love black and white, too, but I do mine digital. Sometimes I wonder if I'd remember how to load film on a reel if I had to! This is a nice image with good tones and depth. I really like how the area above the back doorway creates that triangle pointing up followed by that ladder pointing up mimicked by the wagon handle pointing up.

               Roy Miller - Lauren In A Blue Hat -- Holy Moly. This is a fun image to try to disect. I'm curious how you got your tones to be the colors they are. The saturation on this is stunning.

               Jeff Spirer - Drummer  -- I love the grain (or appearance of grain) in this shot. It really adds something to the texture of the image.

               David Small - Street portrait N.Y.C. -- This man has a great face and the hair is terrific. I wish, wish, wish he were looking right at you with an 'I dare you' _expression_. That thumb coming up from the bottom is distracting to my eye.

lea murphy
www.leamurphy.com
www.whinydogpress.com