Re: Image cathedral at Les Baux

Thanks Fred,

I checked your formula with files sent to myself and the equation holds well.

If I send a 5427 Ko file out to myself, I get a 5427 Ko file back. But... the OE files in both my "Incoming" folder and my "Sent" folder show as 7426 Ko (137% the size of the original file). That means that much more time sending out the file...

Now, suppose one has a very sizeable file to send out to some other person.

Well, the answer as I've discovered is MediaFire
http://www.mediafire.com/

The site allows you to upload files of unlimited sizes onto a file-specific URL (I'm curious to know who provides/pays for the space on the world-wide web). Forward this URL to the recipient who can then download the file from that address. More than one file? Then each file has their own file-specific address. There is no apparent limit to size: it's like having an X-Drive where each file is identified by its own URL. Want to share the file with a thousand people. Send them all the single address and they can download at their leisure on their HD without busting their Mail box...
Neat...

Regards,

Guy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Salzer" <fsalzer@xxxxxxxxxx>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64
"Thus, the actual length of MIME-compliant base64-encoded data is usually
about 140% of the original data length."

From Guy's post: "Size of the email file (with the 4508K picture attach) =
6169 K". That's ~137% and consistent with the above explanation.

Fred (lurker)
Poway, CA