Re: Tiny Camera w/ Kg Lens - universal clamp?

At 12:54 PM 12/5/2006, you wrote:

RITters, Shalom:

I am hanging a comparatively large C-mount lens (weight ~1 kilogram, length ~100 mm) on a comparatively small machine vision camera (55 grams in 49 cm3).

I *think* I'd like two U-shaped clamps (maybe 5 mm thick) to grasp the lens in two different places, with the two clamps themselves mounted on a platform that can attach readily to an industry-standard light-duty tripod.

/s/ Michael Storch

Check with telescope venders. You need a small tube mount for a sixty or seventy MM refractor. I think Edmonds might have some thing reasonable but not too sturdy. Company Seven will have something very good but expensive.

Dave
East Englewood
The proof is in the print.