Tiny Camera w/ Kg Lens - universal clamp?

RITters, Shalom:

I am hanging a comparatively large C-mount lens (weight ~1 kilogram, length ~100 mm) on a comparatively small machine vision camera (55 grams in 49 cm3).

The camera can be mounted to a tripod, but the lens is without the requisite hardware, and I am pessimistic about the camera supporting the lens for any length of time.

I *think* I'd like two U-shaped clamps (maybe 5 mm thick) to grasp the lens in two different places, with the two clamps themselves mounted on a platform that can attach readily to an industry-standard light-duty tripod.

Can any of y'all suggest a solution?  Jury-rigged is fine, COTS is better.

Cheers,

/s/ Michael Storch <chasidot@xxxxxxxxx>

/s/ Michael Storch

Ask not what your laptop can do for you,
Ask what you can do with your necktop.