Re: sensor cleaning

> I know there is a self clean function on the camera

Don't know about the Nikon, but the Canon Rebel XT has
a cleaning function (selectable from the menu) that
basically raises the mirror and opens the shutter
curtain for you to blow away alien particles.

Its just like a photo in bulb, so if the Nikon allows
to shoot without the lens, maybe that would be the way
yo go. I suppose he should use a rubber blower, since
water in his breath could result in nasty
side-effects.

Whatever he does, JUST BLOW and do not touch the
sensor.

HTH.