Re: sensor cleaning

There was a long thread on the EOS listserve (eos@xxxxx) last summer on this topic. As I recall, the consensus was to not use canned air, brushes, etc., but to employ a wiping strategy. They suggested that one should google "ccd clean," to find methods that work and places to purchase the necessary tools.

I think you're correct about Canon's strategy. The Canon cleaning procedure is simply to raise the mirror to expose the ccd cover. After that, you're left to your own devices. Some suggested that canned air simply blew the particles around so they found another place to rest or were replaced by others that you had stirred up in the process. I know that I have a few dust artifacts in my 10D, but I haven't tried to remove them.

Good luck!

Roger

Roger Eichhorn
eichhorn@xxxxxx