Re: Sharpening, and improving focus, and reducing motion blur

Emily, Why do you shoot RAW if you don't want to process the files? Or is it just that you don't want to process them in Photoshop specifically?

The main reason that RAW gives you "Better" quality is that it enables you to shoot and then process yourself.
 Like shooting a wide gamut like Adobe RGB 1998, which gives a rather flat image but has everything in it, and then adjust in a RAW UI to get what you want. Then there's sharpening and curves and all the other things you actually NEED to do to RAW files before they are acceptable.

Raw files don't look good till they're "Cooked"
There's no reason to use Photoshop if you don't like it. Phase one make a great product and I hear good things about Aperture too.

But Photoshop does it all. It isn't limited to just a RAW processor.
My 5c worth

herschel

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,