Re: digicam soft focus?

----- Original Message -----
From: <lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:54
Subject: digicam soft focus?

: Hey,
:
: What's the trick to making shallow DOF pics with a P&S digicam? I have a
: little Oly 8mpg.   I tried holding the shutter part-way, focusing and
: then re-framing but the DOF is too much.  All I can think to do is the
: ol' vaseline on a UV filter technique - but with that tiny lens...!  I
: don't want to use PS.
:
: Any ideas?
:
: Thanks

hiya Alan, what is the focal length of the lens, the format of the sensor &
the aperture range available to you?

karl