Re: Spam invasion?

On 10/18/06, Elgenper <elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have to ask: has anybody besides me experienced a marked increase in spam
activity this last week or so?  I used to get one or two per day to this
address, but now it is up to over twenty a day.  I do have a good filter
that catches 95% of them, but still it loads down my allotted space until I
throw them out.

Spam seems pretty steady for me; a few hundred a day, a few dozen a
day that make it past the filters and have to be deleted manually.
Sometimes nearly a minute of wasted time!  This is on an email address
that's been used publicly  on mailing lists, Usenet, and web sites
since...I think it was 1999.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>