Extremely late Gallery Review...

Oh God, It´s Friday.... ;-)

Just a few comments before rummaging for a contribution for tomorrow...

BTW, thanks to those who commented on my image last week! Much appreciated.

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 30 2006. Authors with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/ gallery.html include:

           Emily L. Ferguson - Sloop Providence
Easily the best one you´ve shown here so far, Emily - and that´s quite a high level to surpass! Reminds me of Paul Strand´s New England work (although he seems to have stayed ashore...).

           Guy Glorieux - 2006_09_27
Last week I grunted a bit about lack of contrast in Guy´s contribution: This one is perfect! Good light, good sky, excellent composition.

           Tim Mulholland - Hanging Lake
Beautiful, should probably be seen far bigger. Like other reviewers, I am disturbed by the overexposed top cliffs, only I´m not convinced that cropping them out would work; the treetops and sky is important. I´ve shot a few landscapes myself, and I´m well aware of this type of problems.

           Jeff Spirer - An Attachment
Well, Jeff´s images have a tendency of making you spill your tea (meant as a positive comment; I don´t think Jeff is out to promote our complacency...). A strange couple indeed, only somehow I don´t find them, after all, half as revolting that they´re probably trying hard to look. Photographically excellent, of course.

           Marilyn Dalrymple -
The Eye of Mother Earth... Lovely! Only, while in Photoshop, you might have toned down the bottom left shrubs and the sky just a little, to concentrate on the deep blue water and the mirroring of sky and cliffs. Otherwise, it is perfect!

           D.L. Shipman - Englewood beach spring evening 2006
A nice panorama; again, one would have liked to see it real BIG! Charles wanted a B/W conversion; I like the muted pastel colours a lot. Would probably work well eiter way, but then it would have been 2 different images with very different moods.

           Dan Mitchell - Remains of the day
Interesting scene. Would have preferred the hawk´s head and legs slightly darker, just as the sunlit grass. Again, I have to disagree with Charles (sorry, Charles, no offence meant! :-) ): if one would crop away the surroundings and the feathers that remain of his dinner, it would be just a bird portrait; now it´s a "scene from Nature".

Per

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates"