Gallery

Emily L. Ferguson
Sloop Providence:  I like this for many reasons, Emily.  I like the sepia toning, the design of the elements , the framing - there isn't anything I don't like.  I could look at it for a long time (and have) before wanting to move on.

Guy Glorieux
2006_09_27:  I can see this on my wall, Guy (hint,hint
{;->).  It's relaxing, nice cool colors, the composition carries my eyes to beyond the river's bend and makes me wonder what other wonderful things are waiting to be found around the corner.  Beautiful.

Tim Mulholland
Hanging Lake:  Another beautiful photograph.  I find this fascinating because the area below the half-submerged log looks as if the viewer is looking beneath the water line because I can see under the water (like your lens is half above, half below the water line).  How many places have such crystal clear water?  Not many, I bet.    Have you bought your plot of land near this lake for your retirement  yet, Tim?

Jeff Spirer
An Attachment:  Only in San Francisco.  I'm trying to imagine how I'd respond if I ran into this couple while shopping.  I haven't come up with an answer, yet.  I like the vertical lines on the left of the photograph.  It adds to the composition, and for some reason makes the photograph more formal (not the right word, but all I can come up with right now).

D.L. Shipman
Englewood beach spring evening 2006:  I really like the way the water, sand and grassy area veer off to the right.  That movement carries my eyes through the photograph and like Guy's photograph, causes me to wonder what is beyond the bend.  A restful, peaceful image.

Dan Mitchell
Remains of the day:  This - to me - is a shot of nature in action.  I can see it on the Discovery Channel.  How close were you to the hawk, Dan?  I'm amazed he/she let you get so close.

Thank you to all who contributed to the gallery, and for Andy and crew for hanging the show.  I enjoyed all the work very much.

Marilyn