Re: Film or Digital? The Eternal Question!

>In a message dated 8/27/2006 11:51:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, w8imo@xxxxxxxx >writes:
>Properly stored film can outlast digitally stored images unless you are
>constantly maintaining the digital media.  I don't clutter up my hard
>drive but write them out to CDs or DVDs.   But then every so often, not
>sure how often I will transfer them to what ever media is current......
Yes. Also I keep everything scanned on hard drives that I copy and backup regularly. ( Well I do edit out some of my earlier work from when I kept every copies of bunches of  photoshoped transformations. Adjustment layers have helped a lot to keep the file sizes down). CDs never held enough space and I realized that you have to keep copying all digital stuff constantly to be able to access it easily. I don't even listen to Bob Dylan any more since in 2003 I got a automobile with a CD player and can't play the cassette tapes. I also haven't listen to the Dylan songs on LP for a good number of years and I don't even know where the 5.5 inch audio tapes are of the album under Bob's real name (probably a bootleg album from 1970). Technology is great but you have to update it. That is why I use hard drives and shuffle them in an out of my computer like playing cards so I always have two or more back up sets.

Roy