Re: Gallery Comments - SelfPortrait

From: Charles Dias
Guy Glorieux - The classical "stretched arm" selfportrait ...LOL ... I think most digital photographers have one of this. Nice your version with the big wine barrels on the background.

From: Per Öfverbeck
"The Guy who gave barrel distortion a face..."  Sorry, just cannot
resist a bad joke when I have the chance.  Always nice to see the
face of a fellow PhotoForumer, but I think I would have looked much
happier in that environment.

Thanks for the comments.

There is something interesting involved with self-portraiture. It involves the photographer developing a dual-role, that of the photographer setting up an imaginary stage for the subject and that of the subject interacting with the photographer, each with the common purpose of creating a "re-presentation" for the viewer.

It can be anything from some of the funniest by Friedlander to the very articulated by Cindy Shermann.

I've done self-portraits for quite some time in a wide variety of circumstances and settings. This one has no particular significance other than a grumpy interaction with the huge wine barrels.

More directly, it was posted in an attempt to start a discussion on the theme, if anybody cares. Did we do a gallery of self-portraits some time in the past? How about a LuLu.com book of self-portraits from all members of this group?

Guy