School enrollment, etc.

I can't speak for other types of schools, but medical schools are limited by the number and kinds of internships and residencies available for their students.
If you can't get an internship, you can't be a medical doctor.

Internships, etc. are limited by the number of teaching hospital beds and by the willingness of patients at those institutions to be treated by inexperienced physicians.

Just the facts of life.

Cheers,
James

BTW I think we've wandered a little off topic here.