Re: Learning how to use a computer - a bit of a tirade...

That's the great thing about Photoshop - there's always room for exploring yet another nuance of the program.
But, Marilyn,  you have to first grasp  "Layers", then the adjustments with Levels... after that it will all come naturally... well, hmmm... I'm fighting with displacment maps now... once again a little struggle, but great experience.
Main thing... have fun with it.

Renate