Re: Learning how to use a computer - a bit of a tirade...

On 7/28/06, Marilyn <marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you, Herschel.  Are you ready for the onslaught of questions {:->
(Just kidding - I wouldn't do that to you, but it's nice to know there is
someone who has offered to help.  Thank you.)

I do have one question, though.  Should I be buying Photoshop CS2 before
having mastered Photoshop 6?

Probably.  CS was what drove me to to upgrade past 5.5, and today
there seems little point in stopping at CS if you upgrade.   Let's
see; for me, 16-bit adjustment layers were huge, and turns out the
healing brush is very useful, and the shadows/highlights tool (esp.
for quick-and-dirty adjustments).  I hear that CS2 has a lot of little
cleanups making the user interface cleaner, and some support for
high-depth imaging that's not a complete waste of time; but I haven't
upgraded past CS yet.

Don't focus on "mastering" photoshop.  It's a huge tool with multiple
ways to do the same thing, and support for all sorts of different
uses.  You're not interested in "mastering photoshop", you're
interested in using photoshop effectively to improve your photography.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>