Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: Learning how to use a computer - a bit of a tirade...

Regarding qualifications.:

I am looking for a teacher who can come to Oman for a couple of years. To teach basic digital photo (Nikon D70 and Canon 30D, and a little photoshop CS2 on a Mac (No darkrooms) a diploma or years of experience are the minimum qualifications. You can contact me offline.

I have an MA and a teaching diploma from before the last ice age. Neither are worth much except to those who employ me.

I teach Photoshop on a daily basis, both to students and to experienced users in workshops and short courses etc. I'm a member of Adobe's international Solutions Network (ASN) and I have the formal ACE and ACI certification from Adobe.

All I can say is, if you need to do something specific. Or you need to know a particular process or tool or menu item in general, please ask and I'll help you with it. I'm not charging (YET) :-)

Photoshop is like learning a musical instrument. Lessons are useless without about 20 times as much practice as the duration of the lesson.

The best teaching tool or self-teaching tool is still Adobe's Classroom in a book series.

Herschel

Shyrell Melara <shyrellmelara@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wish I lived close to you. You would have your first paying student {:-> > Marilyn

Me, too. I keep searching for tutorials online. I can't afford those one or two day sessions that start at $350 and go up from there. Never mind the fact that it would take a plane ride to get there. I keep thinking there must be an easier way. If I ever learn it myself, I would teach.

BTW - For those of you who do teach, do ALL of you have degrees and such? I have a degree in photography and would like to teach children. I've been toying with the idea of a summer program. But where and how would I start?

Shyrell

---------------------------------
Melara Photography Studios
Jonesville, North Carolina