RE: Learning how to use a computer - a bit of a tirade...

>How do people learn, fer crissakes, if they have to travel to Boston,
>75 miles away, to take a 3-hr $50 workshop?  Or to Providence every
>Wednesday evening for an entire summer, for $750, for a Dreamweaver
>adult ed class?

I'm entirely self taught -  that is, once somebody had showed me how to switch
it on ...
Office automation, Photoshop, HTML, Javascript, Visual Basic, Fortran, C
... never been on a course but read a lot of stuff (books and on line) and
never miss the chance to talk to someone who really knows :o)

These days pretty much all you need to get you started is on-line ... and
the fact you are here proves you can already use the internet.

I'd never pay even $75 for a course.

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!