Re: Microsoft Power Point

At 4:21 PM -0700 7/22/06, Marilyn wrote:
Hi Marilyn,

I just went back to my ISPs junk folder and found further email from you about Powerpoint asking questions which I assume you now have the answers to.

Yes.  PP is part of Office.

BUT,

You don't hardly need to use PP to present slideshow materials for your students.

Just for starters - you can prepare a multi page document in a word processor with your images and lesson text on each page, then save as a PDF and you've got a multipage cross platform document which can be burned to CD or printed out, or projected during class.

If you've got iPhoto you can bring the images into it and run them during class as a slideshow. Add text to them as separate pages in Photoshop and bring them into iPhoto for projection.

Go to http://versiontracker.com and search for a slideshow type program that's shareware. I'm not on a PC, but for all I know irfanview would run a slideshow the way iPhoto does on the Mac.

Just a few other possibilities.
--
Emily L. Ferguson