Re: PF exhibits updated 07-22-06

Rust Swirl works for me. Good sense of design and abstract enough to provoke personal thought.

Emily does such an unusual and consistant portrait of sailing, which is a more diffulult than it would seem art form. Just to make those pictures is a feat in itself, BUT . . . it would have been nice if the whole frame was closed in by sail. That those bits of open sky simply adds dimension to what would have been an even more closed adventure if the picture was cropped in on just sails, gunnals, and people.

Good stuff this week, in my opinion. Didn't comment on technical merits, because that's not any form of a question this month.

Steve Shapiro