Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........Sigma lenses

Hi Howard,

We all have favorites when it come to gear. I have some old Steinheil Leitz lenses that fit the old Minolta mount. Still some of the sharpest glass I have used. But alas I have not used the Minolta SR-7 in nearly 25 years..

I often will buy used glass because I too cannot afford the exotic stuff brand new. I am in the process of getting my first 500 f/4 and am working extra hours to do so. But the images it captures are nothing short of fantastic. There are several Bald Eagle nests near my Moms house in WA that really need  to be photographed :-)

I guess it is the fact that in my life I have coveted the best glass that Canon makes and nothing else seems to make much sense to me. I ve only just bought my first brand new DSLR last year. Prior to that I bought second hand. 4K was and is a serious chunk of change. But the images it helps to create for me was worth every penny.

My aviation stuff improved greatly over the 10D and now when I get this lens my lust for the exotic will be sated for at least a little while.... I am tired of renting it. from Canon.

So in closing I am glad your Sigma gear works for you but for me unless it is something I can't get anywhere else Canon gets my moola.

Take care,

Les Baldwin