Re: PF exhibits updated on 24-06-06

Sorry for the slow reply - my eMail was acting up abit.
Its really nice to get comments on ones photos.  Really should
have responded sooner as have had comments on my last few
submissions and in general positive suggestions and comments.
Some earlier submissions didn't do so well.  It would be nice to
think I'm improving but alas probably not the case.  Will have to
try to get the nerve up to try some comments.
The fishing boat shot was taken from the wharf in Ingonish, Cape
Breton Island, Nova Scotia.  There are several Ingonish's, sort
of an elongated village on the Cabot Trail just past Keltic
Lodge.  This wharf is in Ingonish proper opposite Ingonish
Island.
These boats are known (as far as I know) as Cape Islanders.  They
range about 45 to 55 feet; originally of narrow plank wood
construction and now newer ones are more often fiberglass.  In
Ingonish and some of the smaller ports they are mostly
individually owned, but in larger centers the licences are being
bought up by coporations.
To me they are a very picturesque and interesting but I haven't
done very well capturing the essence.  On this trip I was in a
wheel chair and difficulty not just looking down at the tied up
boats.  This one had just completed a 180 degree turn and was
still a few feet out from the dock.  It was the last day of the
season (snow crab I think) and they were bringing in their
equipment.  Missed most of the good shots.  Not sure if I'll get
another chance this summer yet.

Lots of light,

Morley