Re: PF exhibits updated on 24-06-06

The PhotoForum gallery is on the web at
<http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html>.

Morley Roberts -- Sea Furniture -- This is one of those pictures I
don't think I'd ever have taken, which is kinda neat when I look at
it.  The boat doesn't seem to be moving, but is sure pumping pretty
hard (and engine exhaust coming out, too).  That corner of the boat
seems to be filled with floating things of various sorts, and stuff to
connect them together.  The big long ones look like radar reflectors
at the top; so they're presumably intended to float with that part
sticking up from the water, so there's probably an extension of the
shaft and a weight below the white floats?  Anyway, it's an
interesting look at a bit of working nautical stuff I don't usually
get to see.  I don't know what any of the three things in your
"additional details" mean, would you explain?

Eric Grace -- Dew In The Morning -- nice curvy leaves, nice greens and
purpose, and some dew droplets; maybe not enough of those.

D.L. Shipman -- Parrots are such fascinating birds.  Even this
relatively muted one has a *really* bright red tail.  The highlight at
the top of the trunk at the left edge of the frame is troubling --
maybe an unsuccessful fix for a much brighter highlight?  I love the
view of the feathers all down the side of the neck and wing.

Jim Snarski -- Flying Flower -- Looks overexposed, undersaturated, and
perhaps a bit oversharpened to me.  And couldn't the butterfly have
chosen a flower that goes better with orange? :-)

Marilyn Dalrymple -- The 'Albert Schuster Hall,' Lancaster, CA. -- I
dunno that it's a very interesting hall, but you know, this photo of
it has some interest.  I like how the windows produce patches of light
on the walls and floor.  And it looks like a spacious and *useful*
room.  For this kind of work I'd *strongly* suggest either leveling
the camera carefully or correcting in photoshop afterwards; especially
at the left edge where there's a perfect visual alignment check
present, you can't afford to have things out of true (might need
perspective correction).  Your friend sounds like a fascinating man.

Tim Mulholland -- Trillium -- And on a 6x7, even?  Nice work!  Looks
like the white petals and yellow fiddly bits and the leaf that's
probably the fourth petal are *all* sharp at once. The lighting shows
the texture and shape of the petals nicely, too.

Andrew Davidhazy -- Spill -- Okay, I'm a sucker for high-speed photos!
The shape made by the spilling water is beautiful, and the lighting
brings it out nicely.

Thanks to everyone participating in the gallery this week!
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>