Standard vs. Professional Canon Lenses/ fixed vs. zoom

Hi everyone,

I just bought a high-end Canon Digital Camera (full frame) so i figure
its pretty ridiculous for me to be shooting on my 28-80 standard Canon
lense that came with my Rebel 2000 (right?)

So, now I'm thinking I should buy a Canon Professional lense (i want
something that shoots wide angle, and I also want to be able to zoom to 70
or 80mm (i have another lense for 75-300 and I don't care that its not pro
because im most interested in wide angle- 50mm)

My questions are the following.  what is the difference between standard
and professional lenses from canon (i know about chromatic alterations,
vignetting) but are the differences major.  anyone have a used pro lense
or know where i could get one?

Also, should i buy a seperate macro lense or a complete zoom.  i mostly
shoot wide angle, like i said, but sometimes i like to zoom a bit.

any thoughts?

sincerely,

joshua

--
Joshua Soros
Soros Photography and Installations

work: (831) 706-2-NET (2638)
fax:    (831) 475-8548

Photographic and Installations Art:
www.joshuasoros.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web Creation, Marketing, Management & Commercial Photography:
www.soroswebdevelopments.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Personal:
josh.soros@xxxxxxxxx