Re: Which filters do u recemond

Rush,

I've looked into it some more. Your camera has a "hot filter" that effectively blocks IR at wavelengths above 700 nm. This requires very long exposure times and tripod mounting. In effect, you will be trying to pass light through a low pass filter and a high pass filter in series, both with cut-offs at about 700 nm.

The filter can be removed and replaced by an IR filter that removes the visible part of the spectrum. Here is a lot of information on the subject: http://www.lifepixel.com/digital-infrared/faq.html. They will convert your camera for $$$, or give you instructions to do it yourself. Unfortunately, you have to take the camera apart, removing jillions of screws, and it's no longer usable for normal visible light photography. They do it in a clean room. If you don't have access to such a facility, it's probably best to have them do it. Or buy a cheap point and shoot and convert that. Good luck!

Roger

Roger Eichhorn
eichhorn@xxxxxx