Which filters do u recemond

hi guys,
i own a EOS 350D with on gear lense.
i m looking to aquire new set of filters,one especially for Infrared photography.

I m sure about Hoya 72 Infra Red 58 mm
But i learned that i get a hot spot with 350Ds on gear lense canon 18-55mm lense.
so
1. any solution for that hot spot.

2.Here goes my current list which a friend has suggested,though i m not sure if they r reqired for my DSLR.
  Cokin 120 Gradual Grey G1
  Cokin 121 Gradual Grey G2
  Cokin 121F Gradual Grey G2-Full ND8
  Cokin 121M Gradual Grey G2-Medium ND4
  Cokin 121L Gradual Grey G2-Light ND2
  Cokin 121S Gradual Grey G2-Soft ND8
  Orange and Red for BW contrast

3.It has also been suggest that i get a cokin adapter and few filter from other manufacturers like B+W
   especially their Neutral density filters.

If u want u can add to the list.
I already own a polariser for marumi(i dont know its details)...

regards
rushi