Re: PF Exhibits update 10-06-06

David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> The Photoforum gallery is at
> <http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html>.  Apologies to all for
> missing the last week or two; though I stop short of promising to
> *catch* the *next* week or two reliably, either.  But I'm trying to
> participate in the gallery discussion a log more regularly than I have
> of late.  I suppose I should find another shot to submit, too.

> Jeff Saxman -- Mmmm, avocado.  The full-size picture doesn't seem to
> be available.  The thumbnail is striking, though I'm a little worried
> about the specular highloights on the skin right near the center of
> the frame.

And, now that Andy and the gnomes have fixed it, I was right (in that
my opinion on the full-size picture does indeed include thinking the
specular highlights are trouble).  I like the choice of focus plane,
and I like the rendering of the pit and the rind, and I don't mind the
extreme brightness of the directly illuminated area of flesh, and I
like the background color and lighting.  But the amount of specular
highlight, so centrally located, seems to me to rather take over the
picture, and I don't think it works.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>