Θέμα: Re: LULU was METROPOLIS. Ville en Mutation

My book arrived yesterday after I'd chased them a week ago (via the web form).
They even refunded the postage by way of apology.

The book is great.
Wish it was available as hardback though - but you can't have everything.
Same happened to me...it took them to make the book 20+ days in the Spannish printer, so they refund postage and half the price!!!! got my copies for 6euro each!

2 points though

Larger photos included (like mine) are a bit squeezed in the page. theu require more "breathing" space. That is something we should kep in mind when we are setting image fimensions for the next project (hopefully)

I feared taht images woudl be printed lacking in Black (due to teh RGB to CMYK conversion. Thnakfully they didn't. Maybe Lulu employs a spoecial profile for it.
BUT
there was a noticable hue of magenta, purple in most the images. Of the B&W ones Per's image suffered the most...In marilyn's (a color one) they hue was apparent too, Whites were not true ones. In my image Orange has almost dissapeared.
Overall images in my book taht came from the New Spanish printer shop were a bit drab...They definetely lacked the PUNCH. But for the price and convenience...never mind

Jan's panorama came tops...and was the second best (after mine) in my friends' picks when I showed them the book last night!

Good work Guys & Gals, many thnaks should go to Andy once more
enoy a happy weekned (3 day holidays here in Greece) all...

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteetharticles

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύματα (spam); Το Yahoo! Mail διαθέτει την καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών μηνυμάτων
http://mail.yahoo.gr