Re: Does it really worth buying an old DSLR model?

I agree.
People get carried away with the technology. I don't know the Pentax stuff at all but from what you say, I'd say stick with it.

I use both Canon and Nikon. I own the Canon and the college is equipped with Nikon. But the tools should first fit your hands, eyes and heart and the technology is only as good as it supports your ideas.

That having been said, I'd read up on what noise levels are like for the two cameras you're comparing, because of the low-light-level type of work you do.

herschel

karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Elson T. Elizaga"

: What is your complaint regarding the D70? My observation is it's a bit
: harsh on human skin.

That was mine too

The pentax dslr's Kostas mentioned have as much life in them as any other
digital cameras on the market today, and as far as lenses go, having the
ability to use *older* lenses is probably more of a positive feature than
the potential issues regarding new lenses and reduction in manufacture (
should pentax go belly up and no more lenses be made).

I'd go for the Pentax.

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology