travelling again (was: Does it really worth buying an old DSLR model?)

this is a really interesting thread...i'm planning a tour for summer 2007 to circle iceland on a bicycle...given issues of weight (my own 290#s puts enough stress on the bike as it is), the thought of bringing along the mamiya and the tripod is getting closer to the "not an option" category...i'd rather nab me one of them plastic clickers and substitute some of that weight with glass...taking 40 rolls of HP5+ everytime i go somewhere is also becomming a bit of a pain in the behind...

in a couple of weeks i'll be in new mexico and headed for white sands national park on the 23rd (my birthday!)...even this little adventure is already proving to be logistically difficult...was thinking of taking the arca swiss, but that requires the portable darkroom...ever since buying up all the ilford bw in amsterdam this winter, i'm a little worried about finding 120 resources...anyone know of a good shop in albequerque?

later...trevor

Pini Vollach <pinimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Agree !
Many years I was using Fujica AX3/5 with 3 lenses without autofocus.
This gear was simple and compact.
Today I sometimes longing to this low weight gear.

Pini

> It's the operator, not the camera. :)
> Renate
>

> --
> Check out http://www.imagesbyrenate.com

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham