Re: Does it really worth buying an old DSLR model?

Well, I'm quite happy with the Minolta 7d I purchased recently (AFTER the takeover by Sony) and am sure that the Sony Alpha will be a fine camera.
After all, Sony now has the advantage of being able to offer all the lenses and accessories of the Konica Minolta system from the start.
So, the only thing they have to do is to add a body that is even better than the 7d.
I would guess that a company like Sony would not go into a new market without the will to dominate it - and clearly, they have the means to do so.
It will be interesting whether they'll really try to cover the pro segment, but judging from the rumours about the new Sony Alpha camera, I'm sure that many semiprofessionals will find it hard to resist the temptation:
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news/articles/story_8382.html

Laurenz