Re: NEF of Coolscan IV

Thanks Tina and Richard for your comments.

I wanted my scanned files saved in NEF because I thought the size would be smaller than TIFF. But I am mistaken. So, I'm saving them now in TIFF.

Tina Manley wrote:
NEF files from the Nion scanners are not meant to be opened or worked on in anything besides the Nikon scanner software. It's just a way of saving the scans and their information until you can work on them later and resave them as tiffs or jpegs. Open your scanner software and you'll be able to work on the NEF files.

Tina