Re: Gallery - My comment

26 maj 2006 kl. 21.18 skrev Roger Eichhorn:

Oddly, the foreground is much darker when viewed in Safari than it is in Photoshop. I don't know how to fix that. I hadn't made such a comparison before. Does anyone know how to fix it?

My guess is that the reason lies with the colour settings in Photoshop. If you use, say, Adobe RGB as working space (good practice!) and save the image as such, it will be tagged with this profile and displayed correctly by all colour-managed applications (at least on a properly set-up Mac; Windoze is another story...).

Now, if the profile tag is somehow removed from the file, e.g. when preparing for the web, most apps will assume it is a sRGB, and display it as such, which will then be different (and wrong).

On my Mac, your image looks identical in both Safari and Firefox, and very similar if I download it and open in Photoshop or Preview (it should). I don´t have any Microsoft junk installed, so I cannot test IE. So trying a different browser won´t help.

Suggestion: Whenever you want to submit an image for the web, let Photoshop convert it to sRGB, and save it AS A COPY (otherwise you´ll ruin your original!). Then work from this copy when downsampling and preparing for the web.

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"