gallery coomments

Elson T. Elizaga
Cagayan River:
I like all the information this photograph has in it.  I see so many opportunities for more photographs included in this one image.  I'd take a vertical that includes just the jumping boys and splash in the river and close ups of the textures and soft colors of the buildings in the background.   I would have tried a tighter horizontal, too.  Cropped just above the boys' heads and below the boat.  If forces my attention to the action taking place.  What a great opportunity to be where this is happening.

Peeter Vissak
Sir Liverleaf of Hazelwood:  Delicate and graceful.  The two blossoms and their stems remind me of ballet dancers.

Renate Volz
Butterfly:  Beautiful colors.  Everything "butterfly" is in focus.  Great job.

Pablo Coronel
Humming Bird:  It took me a minute to find the hummingbird.  What an unusual sculpture.  This photograph of it is well framed and composed.  The space in the lower right hand corner bothers me a little.  my eye keeps being drawn to the empty space, but I'm not sure what could be done about it.  Maybe if you tilted your camera diagonally just a touch - up in the upper-right hand corner and down in the lower left hand corner so the framing isn't so tight in those areas?

Paul Mahder
G:  I'm gong to have to study this one some more.  I think I'm trying to make too much out of the image and I'm having a hard time appreciating just what is there.  Very original, though.

Herschel Mair
veggie and rosewater seller:  This is an unusual scene for me - something I never run into in my small, protected life here in the United States.  For me the image is a little too busy, but that's my take on it.  I'd have cropped closer to the figure and tried to blur the background by using a larger aperture..  However, your cropping tells the story of  where this man lives and what he has to deal with on a daily basis.

Roger Eichhorn
Family Dinner:  Nice close up of the red bird.  I like the dark background.  Good framing and cropping.  The red bird has that "caught in the act " look on its face.

Emily L. Ferguson
Darn bottle won't break!: A nice slice of life  moment caught with a camera.  I find the space above the lady a little distracting and would like to see it cropped, but the viewer can tell exactly what is happening by her _expression_ and the expressions of those watching her.

Trevor Cunningham
Anatomy of Flamenco 2:  Dense as I am - I need a little more information to tell what is going on in this photograph.  Is it part of a series?   I'm sure more information could be seen if I were looking at the original photograph.

Thank you to all who shared their work and to Andy and staff for hanging the show.      I learn a lot from this gallery.

Marilyn

"Within your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may grow."
                                                                                       Louise Driscoll