Re: Where is the banter?

Roger Eichhorn wrote:

Lost in all of this discourse (including the Snopes article) seems to be the fact that "we" own the airwaves and the bandwidth and have, through our government, sold that bandwidth to commercial enterprises at a very favorable rate, in some cases none at all. I understand that companies that provide the services deserve just compensation for their activities,

Just check the price of a T1 and T3 line. The 'companies that provide the services' are getting just compensation.

but the overriding concern should be that we are protected and given the best access that can be obtained. I hope that there's no evil afoot here and that our elected representatives are not welcoming bribes to favor certain well-heeled vested interests,

I think we've all heard the old phrase, "follow the money"!

but I have yet to be convinced that this is not the case.

Roger

Question..... Why would anyone spend millions to get a job that pays a couple hundred thousand a year?
Another question.....  Where do they get the millions?

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )