Re: Where is the banter?

the url on the snopes article was not included.
please send it.

thanks,
marjorie

On May 7, 2006, at 3:26 PM, Bob wrote:

Greg Stempel wrote:
As much as this list seems to love a good controversy, where is all
the banter over the new legislation pending to coporatize the internet?

Congress is now pushing a law that would end the free and open
Internet as we know it. Internet providers like AT&T and Verizon are
lobbying Congress hard to gut Network Neutrality, the Internet's First
Amendment and the key to Internet freedom. Net Neutrality prevents
AT&T from choosing which websites open most easily for you based on
which site pays AT&T more. So Amazon doesn't have to outbid Barnes &
Noble for the right to work more properly on your computer.
Many members of Congress take campaign contributions from these
companies, and they don't think the public are paying attention to
this issue. <<<<<

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
F I R E F R A M E i m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com
www.soundexposure.org

Here is the URL the for Snopes article on this.....

Bob

--

                           /////
                          ( O O )