Re: interference

Interesting !
In high ISO settings the camera use a special circuit to increase the light signal.
It seems that this radio transmitter had influence only on this circuit.
I never noticed such influence on my camera.

Pini

????? karl shah-jenner:
Hi all, wondering if any of the digi shooters here have experienced similar
to this - I was shooting with my Sony f717 at some night markets near a
radio transmitter and had the camera set to 800 ISO when I started seeing
interference on the screen, changing to 400 I still saw a lot of garbage -
blue lines flicking across the screen and the like , none of which
registered when the camera was set to 100 ISO or when I was at a reasonable
distance from the radio tower.

Here's a 153 kb crop of what recorded on the 800 setting:
http://tinyurl.com/qncnu

Unfortunately the shots I wanted to capture of the atmosphere of the
markets at night didn't allow slower film speeds (very low light!) and as
the markets were near the radio tower - well.. it's not like I could wander
off elsewhere !

fortunately I still rely on film for most things so the digi got put to one
side and I kept shooting.