Photo gear, was: Re: gallery

Hi Bob,

Till now no insurance take liability.
I thought my home policy with the "All Risk" addition for the photo equipment which I pay fortune every year will be liable for this
but they say that theft from a car is not included.
My agent sent them a letter and we are waiting to their decision.

Now I have to make more decisions about what new gear to purchase.
Some of the considerations:
1. 80-200/2.8 was very heavy to carry so I want to lower the load.
2. 200 is not enough. ( I had also X2 TC ).
3.I liked my EF16-35/2.8 L but with the pain of the theft I don't know if to invest in expensive gear again ? ( It can happen again in my travels. ). 4. Before the theft I was thinking about the EOS 5D, (although I don't like the fact that it lack a built in flash . I do like the X1 factor that retain the wide angle lenses focal distance. )
Now, again, I have fears as described before. Should I go with 30D ?
What do you guys think about a good combo for a traveler ?

Pini

Pini Vollach wrote:
I lost more than $3000 only in photo gear.
The car lock was broken in a very calm and nice area.
I had "All risk" insurance but now they say it is not covering theft from cars.

Sorry to hear of this. Does your car insurance or homeowners cover it?

I think I will check with my insurance company and see what and where my "all risk" covers.
Bob