Re: Brief update on book progress

Wow, what a tirade! So sorry I failed to explain myself completely...

Here goes...

I tell the bookstore about the book -

They decide, that in the interest of gaining new customers, they will order the book through the "proper channels" -

Next - they take out a free add in the local newspaper stating that on "such and such " a date, local photographer "Shyrell Melara" will be at the store for a book promotion and signing -

Hundreds of people flock to the store but only 20 or so can come in at a time - therefore, people are lined up outside and around the corner -

Some of them buy more than one book, but I sign "only the one my picture appears in" -

Ta Da - free publicity for the book store - RIT gets royalties -
And free publicity for ME! Ooooo Ahhhhh...

So maybe none of it will work out. But I still like being published and the more free publicity the better.

Next time, just ask, okay?

Shyrell

   Melara Photography Studios
   Jonesville, North Carolina