Re: Imatest...

I'm not at all familiar with the Imatest software. I did look at the page that was sent to get a taste of it. But...

I'm relying on manufacturers for the type of information that Imatest appears to be trying to help users create regarding their photoequipment. Frankly, this is the type of information that I want to know BEFORE I make a purchase. Yes, I know that my equipment is deteriorating and that it's obsolete either the moment I purchase it or when the next best thing comes out. So, why would I want to pay someone for some software that's telling me what the manufacturers can tell me? I feel that the people who would be interested in this software are those who are extremely interested in the technical minutiae of equipment. I've already been through a stage where I'm the photographer who has some of the "best" equipment; now, I want to use whatever equipment I have to be a good, competent photographer, which takes much more than equipment...

Sorta reminds me of all the gearheads from when I was growing up - who had the biggest engine in their car, the fattest tires, who could go the fastest, etc. Now a days, kids, etc., are more interested in their computing power than in their horsepower, which I hope is safer! ;)

Tim!

Tim Mulholland
Illuminata Photo
Fitchburg, WI