Re: Imatest...

I'm relying on manufacturers for the type of information that Imatest appears to be trying to help users create regarding their photoequipment. Frankly, this is the type of information that I want to know BEFORE I make a purchase. Yes, I know that my equipment is deteriorating

I think that hits the nail on the head.

The equipment we own *had* a specification when it left the factory - which it may have met.

But know, if we are trying to extract real physical data from an image - like what was the exact color of a leaf and, therefor, its chlorophyll content - we need to know more about the instrument used to measure that color.

From your 'plaint & my response, I'm thinkin' Imatest is more for science than for art.

Cheers,

/s/ Michael Storch

Ask not what your laptop can do for you,
Ask what you can do with your necktop.